Water-lilies sentence example
- Of recent years great strides have been made in the culture of new varieties of water-lilies in the open air.
- In the ditches and pools common yellow and white water-lilies are seen, as well as water-soldier (Stratiotes aloides), great and lesser reed-mace, sweet flag and bur-reed.
- The Dicotyledons include several water-lilies, a somewhat doubtful Trapa, and many genera of forest trees still common in America.
- Among the more abundant plants are nucules cf several species of Chara, and drifted fruits and seeds of water-lilies, of Folliculites (now generally referred to Stratiotes) and of Limnocarpus (allied to Potamogeton); there is little else mixed with these.
- Aquatic plants, especially water-lilies, are abundant and varied; the soil-dry Callitris and Widdringtonia become scarce.Advertisement
- Water-lilies of the genera Nymphaea and Nelumbium occur.
- Floating Plants: The main purpose of these is to provide shade where water lilies or deep aquatics are sparse or absent.
- Daphnia are found in large numbers sheltering under floating aquatics such as water-lilies.
- A tall glass vase with pink water lilies is the table centerpiece.
- lily pond at its focal point with the most beautiful water lilies.Advertisement
- lilyy 3: Day 3 day at leisure to explore the Esteros del Iberia where giant royal water lilies can be found.
- oozy bed is a pale desert of gigantic water-lilies.
- Nymphaea Alba Laydekeri Rosea - One of the most useful of hardy Water-Lilies, with fragrant, pale pink flowers, passing through several shades to deep rose as they fade away.
- Its subdued growth and distinct globe-shaped flowers make it one of the most distinct of white Water-Lilies.
- Nymphaea Alba William Falconer - A flower of striking color, one of the best dark Water-Lilies.Advertisement
- Cut lily pad shapes or create lily pads and water lilies from origami.