Water-levels sentence example
- The difference of pressure between the outside air and the smoke-box gases may be measured by the difference of the water levels in the limbs of a U tube, one limb being in communication with the smokebox, the other with the atmosphere.
- The cause of the climatic variations which brought about this complex history of the Salt Lake region is not known; but it is worthy of note that the periods of highest water levels were coincident with a great expansion of local valley glaciers, some of which terminated in the waters of lake Bonneville.
- Little net accretion was observed for tidal water levels in excess of 5m at the lower bank site.
- belies the reality of the water levels.
- indicative costings for engineering works needed to raise and maintain high water levels on this drained farmland.Advertisement
- passage waders if the water levels are suitable.
- petrify petrified wood is visible in some areas with reduced water levels.
- Unfortunately water levels were falling rapidly and it became increasingly rocky toward the end of the trip.
- wintering wildfowl and can be very good for passage waders if the water levels are suitable.
- The seams are principally above water levels and in many cases have been laid bare by erosion; and the supply is varied - besides a " fat coking, gassy bituminous," there are an excellent grade of splint coal (first mined in 1864 at Coalburg, Kanawha county) and (except that in Kentucky) the only important supply of cannel coal in the United States.Advertisement
- The infamous "bathtub" ring is a major sign you have hard water (with a large calcium issue) because the deposits tend to rest common water levels.
- Higher temperatures from global warming cause ice and glaciers to melt and water to expand which results in the rise in water levels.
- Keep in mind that taking a trip during the off-season may require a bit more research because some of the locks on the Nile are closed during mid-April due to water levels.
- When the water levels rise, your goal should be to move up to a level where you can stay dry.
- Changing the water levels in this stage can be a hassle.Advertisement
- In your laundry room, using appropriate water levels and temperature settings and maximizing loads will get the most efficiency from your washer.