Water-intoxication sentence example
- My first experience with a client with water intoxication was in the early 1980s.
- self-induced water intoxication is common.
- The US research certainly suggests that the incidence of polydipsia is high, and that self-induced water intoxication is common.
- An adult whose heart, kidneys, and pituitary gland are functioning properly would have to drink more than two gallons of water a day to develop water intoxication.
- Since the brain is the organ most susceptible to overhydration, a change in behavior is usually the first symptom of water intoxication.Advertisement
- Blood pressure is sometimes higher than normal, but elevations may not be noticed even when the degree of water intoxication is serious.
- Mild water intoxication is usually corrected by drinking less than a quart of water a day for several days.
- Untreated water intoxication can be fatal, but this outcome is quite rare.