Water-gas sentence example
- Thus, the equation 2112+02 =2H20 not only represents that certain definite weights of hydrogen and oxygen furnish a certain definite weight of the compound which we term water, but that if the water in the state of gas, the hydrogen and the oxygen are all measured at the same temperature and pressure, the volume occupied by the oxygen is only half that occupied by the hydrogen, whilst the resulting water-gas will only occupy the same volume as the hydrogen.
- Crude petroleum and a thin tar, resulting from the process of enriching water-gas with petroleum, have been used ?
- One of the most generally adopted methods of enrichment now is by means of carburetted water gas mixed with poor coal gas.
- This form of apparatus has been very generally adopted in Great Britain as well as in America, and practically all carburetted water-gas plants are founded upon the same set of actions.
- Important factors in the use of carburetted water gas for enrichment are that it can be made with enormous rapidity and with a minimum of labour; and not only is the requisite increase in illuminating power secured, but the volume of the enriched gas is increased by the bulk of carburetted water gas added, which in ordinary English practice amounts to from 25 to 50%.Advertisement
- A rise in the price of oil suitable for carburetting has caused the gas industry to consider other method:, by which the volume of gas obtainable from coal can be increased by admixture with blue or nonluminous water gas.
- In 1896 Karl Dellwik introduced a modification in the process of making water gas which entirely altered the whole aspect of the industry.
- Under these conditions producer gas ceases to exist as a by-product, and the gases of the blow consist merely of the incombustible products of com plete combustion, carbon dioxide and nitrogen, the result being that more than three times / the heat is developed for the combustion of the same amount of fuel, and nearly double the quantity of water gas can be made per pound of fuel than was before possible.
- The water-gas itself is made for 7 minutes, and has an average composition of 3.3% carbon dioxide, 44% carbon monoxide, o 4% methane, 48.6% hydrogen, 3.7% nitrogen, and a heating value of 2970 calories per cub.
- Ioo parts coke (of 7000 calories) furnish 4 2% of their heat value as water-gas and 42% as Siemens gas.Advertisement
- The water-gas shows 4 to 5% carbon dioxide, 40% carbon monoxide, o 8% methane, 48 to 51% hydrogen, 4 or 5% nitrogen.
- Kitchen has built-in oven with separate grill, hot water gas heater, 4-ring hob, fridge a lots of storage.
- Tully and now in use at Truro, in which tar is injected into the incandescent fuel in a water-gas generator and enriches the water gas with methane and other hydrocarbons, the resulting pitch and carbon being filtered off by the column of coke through which the gas passes.
- In Germany, at several important gas-works, non-luminous water gas is passed into the foul main or through xi.