Water-cure sentence example
- Dr Gully's water-cure was tried, with success.
- In 1846 a water-cure was established where St Luke's hospital now stands, in the adjoining borough of Fountain Hill (pop. in 1900, 1214), and for a few years this attracted a considerable number of visitors during the summer season.
- Besides the palatial edifices erected in connexion with the mineral water-cure, there are churches of various denominations, Lutheran, Roman Catholic, Russian-Greek and Anglican, schools and benevolent institutions.
- The surrounding country is one of uplands and woods, among which rise the monasteries of Cetatuia, Frumoasa, and Galata with its mineral springs, the water-cure establishment of Rapide and the great seminary of Socola.
- In the 19th century both Charles Dickens and Florence Nightingale took the Malvern ' cold water cure ' .Advertisement
- In the 19th century both Charles Dickens and Florence Nightingale took the Malvern ' cold water cure '.