Water-carrier sentence example
- His grandfather, William Scott of Sandgate, a suburb of Newcastle, was clerk to a "fitter" - a sort of water-carrier and broker of coals.
- With but four drachmae in his possession he came to Athens, where he listened first to the lectures of Crates the Cynic, and then to those of Zeno, the Stoic, supporting himself meanwhile by working all night as water-carrier to a gardener (hence his nickname (1 3 p€/wrXrls).
- Aquarius, the water-carrier, is often drawn as a man carrying buckets of water balanced across his shoulders.
- Consider getting a black and white portrait of a water carrier with colorful water being poured from the jug.
- The water carrier - male or female - is always popular.Advertisement