Water-borne sentence example
- Trade, which is largely water-borne, is in grain and agricultural products, coal and building material.
- But whatever merits they had as clarifiers of turbid water, the advent of bacteriology, and the recognition of the fact that the bacteria of certain diseases may be water-borne, introduced a new criterion of effectiveness, and it was perceived that the removal of solid particles, or even of organic impurities (which were realized to be important not so much because they are dangerous to health per se as because their presence affords grounds for suspecting that the water in which they occur has been exposed to circumstances permitting contamination with infective disease), was not sufficient; the filter must also prevent the passage of pathogenic organisms, and so render the water sterile bacteriologically.
- The town is an important port on the Rhone, and its commerce, the chief articles of which are wine, and freestone from quarries in the vicinity, is largely water-borne.
- But in order that the action may be complete the initial resistance to percolation of water at every part of the soil must be such that the motion of the water through it shall be insufficient to disturb the water-borne mineral and organic particles lodged on the surface or in the interstices of the soil.
- The volume of water borne over the falls varies greatly, the level of the river in the caÃ±on sinking as much as 60 ft.Advertisement
- This visit included a firework display and elaborate water-borne pageant on the great lake.
- Clean water was in short supply and there were major epidemics of water-borne diseases including typhoid, cholera and diarrhea.
- water supplyHealth Organization (WHO) warns that water-borne infectious diseases have spread through contaminated water supplies.
- The volume of water borne over the falls varies greatly, the level of the river in the caÃƒ±on sinking as much as 60 ft.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) warns that water-borne infectious diseases have spread through contaminated water supplies.Advertisement