Watchwords sentence example
- Could our modern freemasons continue to hide their watchwords and ritual, or even make a pretence of doing so, if they were constrained by public opinion to initiate every child three years of age?
- These watchwords are said to have arisen in Germany during the disputed succession of the empire between 1135 and 1152, when the Welfs of Bavaria opposed the Swabian princes of Waiblingen origin.
- His popularity had temporarily declined, and the fact that his proposals for parliamentary reform and Catholic emancipation had become the watchwords of the rebellious United Irishmen had brought upon him the bitter hostility of the governing classes.
- New blood of the best quality nourished and stimulated the whole body politic. Expansion and progress were the watchwords at home, and abroad it seemed as if Denmark were about to regain her former position as a great power.
- Their watchwords were freedom and independence, but they were not agreed as to any particular form of government to be afterwards established.Advertisement
- In examining any trial or review, the watchwords are caveat lector!
- The key watchwords in these changes will be partnership, leadership and responsibility.
- It is idle indeed to rewrite the Gospel narratives in the Aramaic dialect spoken by Christ and the apostles, but the main watchwords of the Gospel theology - phrases like " the Kingdom of God," " the World to come," the " Father in Heaven," " the Son of Man," - can be more or less surely reconstructed from Jewish writings, and their meaning gauged apart from the special significance which they received in Christian hands.
- " Reason " and " enlightenment " were his watchwords; opposition to his wise measures he regarded as obscurantist and unreasonable, and unreason, if it proved stubborn, as a vice to be corrected with whips.
- What were the watchwords of the French Revolution of 1789?Advertisement
- Now is the moment for prudence to be joined by patience as the watchwords of economic policy.
- Bold and bright were some of the watchwords in 80s fashion shoes, an era in which almost nothing could be too loud.
- When it comes to the ideal sleeping garments made from animal products, organic wool and silk are the watchwords.
- Snug and small are the watchwords, so as to emphasize the main draw.