Watchmaking sentence example
- Nowadays the best known industry at Geneva is that of watchmaking, which was introduced in 1587 by Charles Cusin of Autun, and two years later regulations as to the trade were issued.
- Of recent years its prosperity has diminished greatly, so that the watchmaking and jewelry trades in 1902 numbered respectively but 38 and 32 of the 394 establishments in Geneva which were subject to the factory laws.
- Geneva boasts also of a fine observatory and of a number of technical schools (watchmaking, chemistry, medicine, commerce, fine arts, &c.), some of which are really annexes of the university, which in June 1906 was attended by 1158 matriculated students, of whom 903 The city and its buildings.
- Watchmaking is the principal industry of the Jura, Bienne and St Imier being the chief centres of this industry.
- In 1860, Edouard Heuer started a small watchmaking company.Advertisement
- He brought the same exacting precision to the watchmaking world that he had to the aviation world.
- In 1999 Omega introduced a De Ville watch with their co-axial escapement, hailed as a revolutionary development in watchmaking.
- The company is known for its cutting edge technology in watchmaking.
- The Swiss are reknowned the world over for their watchmaking abilities, and Raymond Weil watches are a prime example of those superior skills.
- With a combination of legendary Swiss watchmaking expertise and exquisite design, a Lucien Piccard watch is an item to be worn with pride.Advertisement
- The Seiko story began in Tokyo, Japan in 1881 when a man named Kintaro Hattori first opened the doors of his clock and watchmaking shop, Seikosha.
- Lumbrite is a newer material that lasts longer and is brighter than the luminous materials previously used in watchmaking.
- The Swiss are known for the amount of skill, detail and attention they apply to the art of watchmaking.
- Swiss made Mickey Mouse collectible watches are a marriage of the legendary Swiss watchmaking skills and the cheerful American icon.
- Interchangeable watch bands can be changed without the need of any special equipment or materials and no watchmaking expertise is required.Advertisement
- Both towns were the center of the Swiss watchmaking industry in the 1800's.
- If you are searching for a classic watch made with high quality Swiss watchmaking standards, Cyma may be right for you.