Washed-off sentence example
- Captain Phipps in 1773 secured samples of soft blue clay in this manner from a depth of 683 fathoms, but as a rule when sounding in great depths the sample is washed off the tallow before it can be brought on board.
- Thus in Syria one who touched a dove became taboo for one whole day, and if a drop of blood of the Hebrew sin-offering fell on a garment it had to be ritually washed off.
- All unstable (flaking or peeling) paint surfaces, especially water-soluble distempers, must be removed or washed off before applying Emulsion.
- The lower notes can actually last for days if not washed off and are known as the dry down aromas.
- Acid - Corrosive acids such as hydroflouric acid are carefully spotted on the surface just long enough to etch the design and are then washed off.Advertisement
- These are usually not washed off before processing, which means that the chemicals still present on the skins of the grapes will now be present in the wine itself.
- Any sugar residue can be washed off the skin with soap and water.
- These plates are for display purposes only, as the paint can come into food, and will be washed off in the dishwasher.
- On the high-rise of Brody's apartment, Gary is eliminated while the rest of them are washed off by bikini-clad girls.
- Others, especially those that contain clay as a main ingredient, may be washed off with water once dry.Advertisement