Warton sentence example
- Thomas Warton remarks on his lucidity.
- 7, 1752 to March 9, 1 754), Hawkesworth, Johnson, Bathurst, Warton, Chapone; World (Jan.
- 30, 1756), Colman, Thornton, Warton, earl of Cork, &c. Idler (April 15, 1758 to April 5, 1760), Johnson, Sir J.
- Joseph Warton's idea that the story is introduced by Virgil as a protest against the Roman custom of deification is not supported by the general tone of the Aeneid itself.
- Dr Warton, in his observations upon Pope's line, "Unthought-of frailties cheat us in the wise," says, "Who could imagine that Locke was fond of romances; that Newton once studied astrology; that Dr Clarke valued himself on his agility, and frequently amused himself in a private room of his house in leaping over the tables and chairs ?"Advertisement
- Both Joseph Warton and Dr Parr accused Middleton of deliberate plagiarism, which was the more likely to have escaped detection owing to the small number of existing copies of Bellenden's work.
- He was educated at Basingstoke under Thomas Warton, father of the poet, and subsequently at Oriel College, Oxford, where in 1744 he was elected to a fellowship. Ordained in 1747, he became curate at Swarraton the same year and at Selborne in 1751.
- If you drive bangers at another track you are also welcome at Warton.
- trainer variant of the Typhoon aircraft was piloted by Squadron Leader Dave Fellowes of XXX Squadron, based at Warton.
- See publications of the Early English Text Society, especially the Temple of Glass, edited by Dr Schick; Koeppel's Lydgate's Story of Thebes, eine Quellenuntersuchung (Munich, 1884), and the same scholar's Laurents de Premierfait and John Lydgates Bearbeitungen von Boccaccios De Casibus Illustrium Virorum (Munich, 1885); Warton's History of English Poetry; Ritson's Bibliotheca Anglo-Poetica; Furnivall's Political Poems (E.Advertisement
- Stallybrass) - and for the bandit (see "Roberdes Knaues" in the Prologue of Piers the Plowman, 1.44, and the note in Warton's Hist.
- The twin seat trainer variant of the Typhoon aircraft was piloted by Squadron Leader Dave Fellowes of XXX Squadron, based at Warton.