Warps sentence example
- It warps and cracks rather badly, and weighs from 35 to 42 lb per cub.
- According to the qualities of raw silk used and the throwing operations undergone the principal classes of thrown silk are - (1) " singles," which consist of a single strand of twisted raw silk made up of the filaments of eight to ten cocoons; (2) tram or weft thread, consisting of two or three strands of raw silk not twisted before doubling and only lightly spun (this is soft, flossy and comparatively weak); (3) organzine, the thread used for warps, made from two and rarely three twisted strands spun in the direction contrary to that in which they are separately twisted.
- It was not until the introduction of cotton warps into the Bradford trade about 1836 that the true qualities of alpaca could be developed in the fabric. Where the cotton warp and mohair or alpaca weft plain-cloth came from is not known, but it was this simple yet ingenious structure which enabled Titus Salt, then a young Bradford manufacturer, to utilize alpaca successfully.
- The pioneers of the work were confronted with many difficulties; most people condemned the fibre and the cloth, many warps were discarded as unfit for weaving, and any attempt to mix the fibre with flax, tow or hemp was considered a form of deception.
- Galley with microwave oven, refrigerator etc. OTHER: Anchor & chain, Warps & Fenders, Full cockpit canopy, Bathing Platform.Advertisement
- The Devonshire ' long ells ' had worsted or combed warps which made them harder wearing.
- An intensity that completely warps normal logic and decision making.
- Devon produced serges or " long ells ", unusually long cloths with combed wool warps and carded wool wefts in a twill weave.
- However, to create a wormhole, one needs matter that warps space-time in the opposite way, like the surface of a saddle.
- warps space-time in the opposite way, like the surface of a saddle.Advertisement
- The ' tied ' warps are dyed, the ties removed and then the warp is woven in plain weave.
- IDCLEV##, where ## is the level number you wish to access, warps you to that level.
- Too much water can soak into wood flooring and cause cracks, warps, or other damage.
- In northern Mexico net-work, rude lace-work in twine, are followed farther south, where finer material existed, by figured weaving of most intricate type and pattern; warps were crossed and wrapped, wefts were omitted and texture changed, so as to produce marvellous effects upon the surface.