War cry sentence example
- Among other islands are Inch Cailliach (the "Island of Women," from the fact that a nunnery once stood there), Inchfad ("Long Island"), Inchcruin ("Round Island"), Inchtavannach ("Monks' Isle"), Inchconnachan ("Colquhoun's Isle"), Inchlonaig ("Isle of the Yews," where Robert Bruce caused yews to be planted to provide arms for his bowmen), Creinch, Torrinch and Clairinch (which gave the Buchanans their war-cry).
- "Remember the Alamo" became a war-cry of the Texans.
- He is Boedromios (" the helper"), Eleleus (" god of the war-cry"), and the Paean was said to have been originally a song of triumph composed by him of ter his victory over Python.
- The name may mean "Yah(weh) is wealth, or is (our) war-cry, or saves."
- The war cry of Zulu filled the sky and the tread of Zulu shook the earth.Advertisement
- The Mahratta war-cry, "Har, Har, Mahadeo," referred to Siva.