Wanderjahre sentence example
- Treitschkes Lehrand Wanderjahre, 1836-1866 (Munich, 1896); Gustav Freitag and Heinrich v.
- He had written important and characteristic work before; but he had always been in a kind of literary Wanderjahre.
- During these Wanderjahre he made the acquaintance of the poets Gellert and Jacobi, the learned Jean-Jacques Barthelemy, the duc de Choiseul, and Gottfried Achenwall, the statistician.
- At the end of his apprenticeship in 1490 he entered upon the usual course of travels - the Wanderjahre - of a German youth.
- In 1822 a passion for a young girl, Ulrike von Levetzow, whom he met at Marienbad, inspired the fine Trilogie der Leidenschaft, and between 1821 and 1829 appeared the long-expected and long-promised continuation of Wilhelm Meister, Wilhelm Meisters Wanderjahre.Advertisement
- Problems of the relation of the individual to society and industrial questions were to have formed the theme of the Wanderjahre; but since the French Revolution these problems had themselves entered on a new phase and demanded a method of treatment which it was not easy for the old poet to learn.
- Jung, Goethes Wanderjahre and die wichtigsten Fragen des 19.
- For a full list of Celtes's works see Engelbert Kliipfel, De vita et scriptis Conradi Celtis (2 vols., Freiburg, 1827); also Johann Aschbach, Die fruheren Wanderjahre des Conrad Celtes (Vienna, 1869); Hartmann, Konrad Celtes in Nurnberg (Nuremberg, 1889).