Wallflower sentence example
- The principal other plants which bear the name are the wallflower, Cheiranthus Cheiri, called wall-gillyflower in old books; the dame's violet, Hesperis matronalis, called variously the queen's, the rogue's and the winter gillyflower; the ragged-robin, Lychnis Flos-cuculi, called marsh-gillyflower and cuckoo-gillyflower; the waterviolet, Hottonia palustris, called water-gillyflower; and the thrift, Armeria vulgaris, called sea-gillyflower.
- As a separate designation it is nowadays usually applied to the wallflower.
- Hitch was once a lonely wallflower himself, who learned about love and heartbreak the hard way.
- She is blind to Miss Drone 's tremulous smile of pretense that she has chosen to be a wallflower.
- Certainly not a wallflower, you're ready to dance the night away.Advertisement
- If you're more of a wallflower trying to break away from your conservative side, try a short dress in a neutral color such as black or brown, accented with a leopard print strapless top with a pink belt or bow.
- Cuckoo-flower or Ladys Smock (Cardamine) - Plants of the Wallflower order, few of which are cultivated, the best being the native Cuckoo-flower in its double form.
- Alpine Wallflower (Erysimum Ochroleucum) - This handsome plant forms, under cultivation, neat rich green tufts, 6 to 12 inches high, and in spring is covered with sulphur flowers.
- Fairy Wallflower (Erysimum Pumilum) - A very small plant, rare in cultivation, resembling the alpine Wallflower in the size and color of its flowers, but lacking its vigorous and rich green foliage.
- You'll never have to worry about being a wallflower or the odd woman out when you are wearing fashions from OD Girl.Advertisement
- It's a new century, ladies, and you have just as much right to pursue your desires as men do, so don't be a wallflower.
- As one of Degrassi's few Asian characters, Leia Chang (played by Judy Jiao) is no wallflower.
- Or maybe you would like to give your wallflower friend the hint that she needs "spice" in her life.
- While they'll sniff you out in 3 seconds flat if you're trying to "act," that doesn't mean you should be a wallflower.
- When the fruit is several times longer than broad it is known as a siliqua, as in stock or wallflower; when about as long as broad, a silicula, as in shepherd's purse.Advertisement
- I could not be the shy, meek wallflower anymore.