Walking stick sentence example
- She glanced around for some kind of weapon as they walked, and soon came up with a walking stick.
- It is seen as a clump of wire-like leaves, a few feet in diameter, surrounding a stem, hardly thicker than a walking-stick, rising to a height of Jo or 12 ft.
- His fiction includes Mr Blake's Walking Stick (1869), for children; The Hoosier Schoolmaster (1871); The End of the World (1872); The Mystery of Metropolisville (1873); The Circuit Rider (1874); Rosy (1878); The Hoosier Schoolboy (1883); The Book of Queer Stories (1884), for children; The Graysons (1888), an excellent novel; The Faith Doctor (1891); and Duf f els (1893), short stories.
- The first overall award presented was a beautifully polished walking stick for the oldest bowman which went to George Webb of Purple Haze.
- Each night when Mrs twit was asleep, Mr Twit would add a circle of wood to her walking stick and her chair.Advertisement
- In one heavy thunder-shower the lightning struck a large pitch pine across the pond, making a very conspicuous and perfectly regular spiral groove from top to bottom, an inch or more deep, and four or five inches wide, as you would groove a walking-stick.
- Each night when Mrs Twit was asleep, Mr Twit would add a circle of wood to her walking stick and her chair.
- When Michael approached he swung the knife at him but Michael saw him and hit him on the wrist with his walking stick.