Walk-over sentence example
- Sofia forced herself to walk over and take it.
- Through the window she watched him stand and walk over to the porch rail, watching them intently.
- It seems kind of silly for you to get up every morning and walk over there to clean his house and do his chores – then go back to your house.
- "At Chai-tang," wrote Baron von Richthofen, "I was surprised to walk over a regular succession of coal-bearing strata, the thickness of which, estimating it step by step as I proceeded gradually from the lowest to the highest strata, exceeds 7000 ft."
- The book of nature, he affirmed, is that which the physician must read, and to do so he must walk over the leaves.Advertisement
- In November the waters have passed off; and whenever a man can walk over the mud with a pair of bullocks, it is roughly turned over with a wooden plough, or merely the branch of a tree, and the wheat or barley crop is immediately sown.
- The whole face of the land is pitted with ancient cisterns; indeed, many hillsides and fields are on that account most dangerous to walk over by night, except for those who are thoroughly familiar with the landmarks.
- Men could walk over their sites, Demosthenes said seven years afterwards, without knowing that such cities had existed.
- It seems kind of silly for you to get up every morning and walk over there to clean his house and do his chores â€“ then go back to your house.
- He walked shyly and awkwardly over the parquet floor of the reception room, not knowing what to do with his hands; he was more accustomed to walk over a plowed field under fire, as he had done at the head of the Kursk regiment at Schon Grabern--and he would have found that easier.Advertisement
- Then walk over to the water that 's squirting up and hold " A " - you will gradually regain your energy.
- At 2200 hours, the force began the 12 mile walk over treacherous terrain on a dark night.
- More importantly, a pad will keep your rug from slipping when you walk over it.
- Pick up a shovel-full of snow and walk over to where you would like to place it instead of trying to throw it over your shoulder.
- Sometimes when I get bored, I walk over behind the grocery store next to my house and kick down stacks of empty boxes.Advertisement
- The survey crew may also need to walk over long distances and carry equipment over heavy terrain to get the specific measurements they require.
- He also lets people walk over him and tries to make things better to keep the peace.