Walhalla sentence example
- But it is much more likely that Wagner would then have found his artistic difficulties too formidable to let the ideas descend to us from Walhalla and the Hall of the Grail at all.
- Why should a Ring-motif be transformed into the theme representing Walhalla?
- Are we to guess that the connexion of ideas is that Wotan had eventually to pay for Walhalla by the ring?
- Then it breaks gently forth in a noble, swinging rhythm and massively soft brazen tones, as Wotan awakes on a mountain height and gazes upon Walhalla, his newly finished palace which he has bid the giants build, so that from it he may rule the world (Melody, Ex.
- The more imposing of the two is the Walhalla, a costly reproduction of the Parthenon, erected as a Teutonic temple of fame on a hill rising from the Danube at Donaustauf, 6 m.Advertisement
- As visible signs of his permanent services to art Munich possesses the Walhalla, the Glyptothek, the two Pinakotheken, the Odeon, the University, and many other magnificent buildings both sacred and profane.
- Special features are Kaemper Hall, Blair Castle, the Marble Temple and Walhalla.