Wadsworth sentence example
- Mark Wadsworth: Dear Emily - the logical conclusion of a flat tax system is a " Citizen's Income " .
- He provided the ideal exposition of Henry Wadsworth's sentiments.
- Jon Freer - XLR8R Magazine Nic Conef and Mark Wadsworth release their debut Toko album, a blend of jazzy grooves and deep delights.
- Portland was the birthplace of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Thomas Brackett Reed, Edward Preble and his nephew George Henry Preble, Mrs Parton ("Fanny Fern"), Nathaniel Parker Willis, Seargent Smith Prentiss and Neal Dow, and it was the home of William Pitt Fessenden, Theophilus Parsons and Simon Greenleaf.
- Among his numerous books are Outdoor Papers (1863); Malbone: an Oldport Romance (1869); Life of Margaret Fuller Ossoli (in "American Men of Letters" series, 1884); A Larger History of the United States of America to the Close of President Jackson's Administration (1885); The Monarch of Dreams (1886); Travellers and Outlaws (1889); The Afternoon Landscape (1889), poems and translations; Life of Francis Higginson (in "Makers of America," 1891); Concerning All of Us (1 g 92); The Procession of the Flowers and Kindred Papers (1897); Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (in "American Men of Letters" series, 1902); John Greenleaf Whittier (in "English Men of Letters" series, 1902); A Reader's History of American Literature (1903), the Lowell Institute lectures for 1903, edited by Henry W.Advertisement
- In the same thoroughfare is the Wadsworth Atheneum (built in 1842; enlarged in 1892-1893 and 1907) and its companion buildings, the Colt memorial (built in 1908 to accommodate the Elizabeth Colt art collection) and the Morgan art gallery (built in 1908 by J.
- Florence, KY: Wadsworth Publishing, 2002.
- Stamford, CT: Wadsworth Publishing, 2004.
- Independence, KT: Wadsworth Publishing, 1999.
- Florence, KY: Wadsworth Publishing, 2005.Advertisement
- Longfellow - which was built in1785-1786by General Peleg Wadsworth (1748-1829), a soldier of the War of Independence, a representative in Congress from 1793 to 1807, and the grandfather of the poet; was given by Longfellow's sister, Mrs Anne Longfellow Pierce (1810-1901) to the Maine Historical Society; and contains interesting relics of the Wadsworth and Longfellow families, and especially of the poet himself.
- de Cabrera de Cordova, Felipe Segundo (Madrid, 1619); James Wadsworth, Further Observations of the English Spanish Pilgrime (London, 1629, 1630); Ilario Mazzorali de Cremona, Le Reali Grandezze del Escuriale (Bologna, 1648); De los Santos, Descripcion del real monasterio, &c. (Madrid, 1657); Andres Ximenes, Descripcion, &c. (Madrid, 1764); Y.
- Wadsworth, History of Lawrence, Massachusetts (Lawrence, 1880).
- Forts Wadsworth and Tompkins commanding the passage of the Narrows constitute one of the strongest defences of New York Harbor.
- HENRY WADSWORTH LONGFELLOW (1807-1882), American poet, was born on the 27th of February 1807, at Portland, Maine.Advertisement
- His father was Stephen Longfellow, a lawyer and United States congressman, and his mother, Zilpha Wadsworth, a descendant of John Alden and of "Priscilla, the Puritan maiden."
- No man ever lived more completely in the light than Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- 2 For a good version of the traditionsee Wadsworth or the Charter Oak (Hartford, 1904), by W.