Volk sentence example
- With this last-named work he returned to theology, and two years afterwards (1864) published his Leben Jesu fiir das deutsche Volk (13th ed., 1904).
- Juste, Le Soulevement de la Hollande en 1813 et la fondation du ro y aume des Pays-Bas (Brussels, 1870); and P. Blok, Geschiedenis der Nederlandsche Volk, vols.
- New letters patent 2 were issued (December 12, 1906), and the first general election (February 1907) resulted in the return of a majority belonging to Het Volk, a Boer organization formed for political purposes.
- A similar organization, called Het Volk, had been formed by the Transvaal Boers in January 1905.
- Volk, Der Odenwald and seine Nachbargebiete (Stuttgart, 1900), and Windhaus, Fiihrer durch den Odenwald (Darmstadt, 1903).Advertisement
- The The Boers in the Transvaal, headed by Louis Botha, Lyttelton formed an association which was called Het Volk constjtu- (the people), and in the Orange Colony a similar tion,1905.
- The new letters patent instituting self-government in the Transvaal were issued on the 12th of December 1906; the elections were held in February 1907, and gave the Het Volk party a clear majority of seven (in a house numbering 69 members) over all other parties.
- See Lohmeyer, Geschichte von Ost-und WestPreussen (Gotha, 1884); Brunneck, Zur Geschichte des Kirchen-Patronats in Ostend West-Preussen (Berlin, 1902), and Ost-Preussen, Land und Volk (Stuttgart, 1901-1902).
- Finally, Schlosser undertook a popular World History for the German People (Weltgeschichte fiir das deutsche Volk, 1844-1857), which also enjoyed the favour of those for whom it was written.
- The Bond, on its side, sought to draw closer to Het Volk, the Boer organization in the Transvaal, and similar bodies, and at its 1906 congress, held in March that year at Ceres, a resolution with that aim was passed, the design being to unify, in accordance with the original conception of the Bond, Dutch sentiment and action throughout South Africa.Advertisement
- He died on the 3rd of June 1861 at Chicago, where he was buried on the shore of Lake Michigan; the site was afterwards bought by the state, and an imposing monument with a statue by Leonard Volk now stands over his grave.
- You will then need to move the Volk lens slightly in the same direction to view the fundus again.
- The statuary includes two Rogers groups, an original Truman Bartlett plaster statuette, and replicas of Leonard Volk's work.
- The extravagant rhetoric of Lord Horror is replaced here by the crude vulgarity of the Volk.
- The statuary includes two Rogers groups, an original Truman Bartlett plaster statuette, and replicas of Leonard Volk 's work.Advertisement