Vocal-cord sentence example
- High altitude pulmonary edema triggered by vocal cord stenosis.
- Horner's syndrome, unilateral facial weakness and vocal cord paresis have been reported.
- See also Croup; Foreign objects; Vocal cord dysfunction.
- VCD is also called paradoxical vocal cord motion (PVCM).
- In an individual with vocal cord dysfunction, instead of being drawn apart, the vocal cords move together, narrowing and partially blocking the airway.Advertisement
- Other risks include infection or vocal cord injury.
- Victims may also exhibit vocal cord paralysis and episodes of apnea (a cessation of breathing sometimes requiring resuscitation).