Vivien sentence example
- The central fact of the geste of Guillaume is the battle of the Archamp or Aliscans, in which perished Guillaume's heroic nephew, Vezian or Vivien, a second Roland.
- Guillaume arrived too late to help Vivien, was himself defeated, and returned alone to his wife Guibourc, leaving his knights all dead or prisoners.
- This event is related in a Norman-French transcript of an old French chanson de geste, the Chancun de Willame - which only was brought to light in 1901 at the sale of the books of Sir Henry Hope Edwardes - in the Covenant Vivien, a recension of an older French chanson and in Aliscans.
- Le Couronnement Looys, already mentioned, Le Charroi de Nimes (12th century) in which Guillaume, who had been forgotten in the distribution of fiefs, enumerates his services to the terrified Louis, and Aliscans (r2th century), with the earlier Chanrun, are among the finest of the French epic poems. The figure of Vivien is among the most heroic elaborated by the trouveres, and the giant Rainouart has more than a touch of Rabelaisian humour.
- Mercier, Histoire de l'Afrique septentrionale (1888); Charles Tissot, Geographic comparee de la province romaine d'Afrique (1884-1888), with atlas; Vivien de SaintMartin, LeNord de l'Afrique dans l'antiquite grecque et romaine (1883); Gaston Boissier, L'Afrique romaine (1895); Cl.Advertisement
- The idyls were four in number, "Enid," "Vivien" (no longer called "Nimue"), "Elaine" and "Guinevere."
- Vivien de St Martin; "Attempt to identify some of the Places mentioned in the Itinerary of Hivan Thsang," by Major Wm.
- The figures came over like giants: Owen Teale was an increasingly commanding Macbeth, Vivien Parry, an impassioned Lady Macbeth.
- David, Ian & Joe re-wrote the lyrics and sultry singing sensation Vivien Scotson was invited in to record the new lyrics too.
- In the domestic quarrel that ensued Solange, who was a very Vivien, got the ear of Chopin.Advertisement
- Vivien 's life becomes a chaotic mix of friendships, youth club, skinhead violence, A levels, discos and college.
- Unfortunately, Andy's kids 15-year-old Ephram (played by Gregory Smith) and nine-year-old Delia (played by Vivien Cardone) don't exactly embrace the move.