Vivian sentence example
- That it was fully sanctioned by his intellect at maturity is evident; but the vindication of unbiased choice would not have been readily accepted had Disraeli abandoned Judaism of his own will at the pushing Vivian Grey period or after.
- Yet Disraeli's range of observation must have been not only brief but limited when he sat down at twenty or twenty-one to write Vivian Grey.
- His own strongly perceptive imagination (the gift in which he was to excel every other politician of his time) and the bent of political reading and aspiration from boyhood completed his equipment; and so the wonder that so young a man in Disraeli's social position should write a book like Vivian Grey is accounted for.
- The novels revived the success he had with Vivian Grey, and restored him to his place among the brilliancies and powers of the time.
- At Vivian Villa your choice could be a room, a self catering studio or a luxury apartment for four people.Advertisement
- An old fashioned bell announces your entrance into one of Cornwall's oldest family butchery businesses, Vivian Olds.
- The BBC2 Late Show recorded a short autobiographical playlet by Vivian in 1991.
- After being cast in small roles from 1989 to 1990, Halle's big break came in 1991 when respected director Spike Lee chose her to play the role of crack-addict Vivian in the film Jungle Fever.
- In order to transform herself into a drug addict, Berry reportedly did not bathe or shower for two weeks to prepare herself for the role of Vivian.
- Stefano DiMera (Joseph Mascolo): He's divorced from Vivian Alamain and was in a common-law marriage to Daphne DiMera for a time, then married Kate Roberts, and has had numerous affairs.Advertisement
- Victor Kiriakis (John Aniston): Divorced from Carly Manning, and with two previous marriages that were ruled invalid, he married Vivian Alamain for the second time.
- During this period, Cash's first marriage to Vivian Liberto ended, and shortly afterwards, he married fellow musician June Carter, of the The Carter Family.
- The lyrics were meant to be a statement of devotion and commitment to his first wife, Vivian Liberto.
- Zieten's advent permitted the two fresh cavalry brigades of Vivian and Vandeleur on the duke's extreme left to be moved and posted behind the depleted centre.
- Henry Vivian and of his son Sir Henry Hussey Vivian (created Lord Swansea in 1893) each in his turn the "copper king."Advertisement
- Soon after the publication of Vivian Grey, Disraeli, who is said by Froude to have been "overtaken by a singular disorder," marked by fits of giddiness ("once he fell into a trance, and did not recover for a week"), went with the Austens on a long summer tour in France, Switzerland and Italy.