Vive sentence example
- The battalions shouted "Hurrah!" and "Vive l'Empereur!"
- Vive ce roi valiant! sang Morel, winking.
- To earn his freedom Lucas must learn how to live among the colony and sur vive the perils of the insect world.
- The soldiers, on seeing him, lit wisps of straw and ran after him, shouting, "Vive l'Empereur!"
- Vive l'Empereur! came those ecstatic cries.Advertisement
- There was nothing left for them to do but cry "Vive l'Empereur!" and go to fight, in order to get food and rest as conquerors in Moscow.
- "Don't talk Russian," said Dolokhov in a hurried whisper, and at that very moment they heard through the darkness the challenge: "Qui vive?" * and the click of a musket.
- The Rotting Dog applauds French nuclear saber rattling by The Rotting Dog Vive la France !
- A talented and dedicated staff and complimentary consultations make Salon de Vive a popular hair salon.
- Vive Maria is another German option to look for, this one younger and sexier than the first.Advertisement
- Five marshals of France served under the king in this enterprise, but their advice was of less value than that of Vauban, whose plans the king followed implicitly, even so far as to order an assault de vive force against the unanimous opinion of the marshals.
- Above the door are the arms of France and of Joan of Arc and an inscription of 1481 reading "Vive labeur; vive le roi Louys."
- Vive l'Empereur!... preur!--If they make me Governor of India, Gerard, I'll make you Minister of Kashmir-- that's settled.
- Vive l'Empereur! came the voices of men, old and young, of most diverse characters and social positions.