Visitation rights sentence example
- Around 36 hours after being admitted to the hospital, I was moved back to a regular room with a phone and visitation rights.
- In most divorce agreements, one parent will have primary custody and the other will have regular visitation rights.
- What are the visitation rights of the non-custodial parent?
- After the incident, Britney had all visitation rights with her two young children suspended and Kevin Federline was granted full custody of the boys until the next court date set for January 14.
- Currently, Kate has primary custody of the kids and Jon has visitation rights and is required to pony up $20,000 a month in child support.Advertisement
- Courts will now grant visitation rights to grandparents in some circumstances.
- In the U.S., all 50 states have enacted legislation with respect to visitation rights for grandparents.
- The law varies from state to state on who can petition the court for visitation rights and the specific circumstances under which visitation will be granted.
- Other family members or foster parents/grandparents may also ask the court to award them visitation rights.
- Under the provisions of The Visitation Rights Enforcement Act, grandparents who have been granted visitation rights in one state are guaranteed that they can exercise that right in any state.Advertisement
- Before this law was passed on 1998, grandparents could be granted visitation rights in one state but would have to re-petition the court if the grandchild moved to another state.
- Child custody laws also pertain to the visitation rights of the non-custodial parent.
- Non-custodial parent: The parent awarded part-time custody or visitation rights by a court during divorce proceedings.
- Primary (sole) custody: One parent is designated the primary physical and legal custodian of the child or children, and the other parent is granted visitation rights.
- The noncustodial parent has financial responsibility for the child and visitation rights.Advertisement
- The birth parent may have visitation rights after adoption takes place.