Viscum sentence example
- Viscum, called dryos hyphear, is most plentiful on the esculent oak, but occurs also on the robur, Prunus sylvestris and terebinth.
- Hyphear is useful for fattening cattle if they are hardy enough to withstand the purgative effect it produces at first; viscum is medicinally of value as an emollient, and in cases of tumour, ulcers and the like.
- They are very thick in Viscum album, and are well seen in Phaseolus inultiflorus and Lilium Martagon.
- Occasionally there are numerous cavities in the anther, as in Viscum and Rafesia.
- Cuscuta, Loranthus, Viscum, Thesiurn, Rhinanthus, &c.with various capac. ities for injury.Advertisement
- Viscum album, or Mistletoe, is a parasitic plant that grows among the branches of other trees.
- Mistletoe (Viscum Album) - This on trees is often welcome in the pleasure ground or orchard, and is not without beauty of color, but where abundant it is injurious, being a true parasite which thrives at the expense of its victim.