Virility sentence example
- The bull is a symbol of strength and virility.
- 14-16), owed its employment to the fact that the root often divides into branches resembling the arms and legs of a man, and this resemblance gave rise to the belief that it conferred strength and virility.
- His poetry like that of his fellow emigre, the austere Herculano, is eminently sincere and natural, but while his short lyrics are personal in subject and his longer poems historical, the verse of Herculano is generally subjective and the motives religious or patriotic. The movement not only lost much of its virility and genuineness, but became ultra-Romantic with A.
- As an aphrodisiac it enhances libido and can help re-activate sexual virility.
- Unhappily, but almost inevitably, over-culture led to a gradual falling-off from the old virility.Advertisement
- Ucko points out that in some groups the youth wear penis sheaths at a time in their lives when virility is alluring and the elders are freed from the responsibility of this signal.
- Unlike the nobles, commoners did not use the size of their codpiece as an indication of status or virility.
- For some people, chest hair is considered a sign of masculinity and virility, while for others it is nothing more than an annoyance.
- Today, many men and women alike consider chest hair a sign of sexual potency, virility, and masculinity, though opinions vary widely.
- In Wicca, the Horned God represents strength, masculinity and virility.Advertisement
- At the beginning of the 20th century the Baptist Union collected a "Twentieth Century Fund" of £250,000, which has largely assisted the formation of new churches, and gives an indication of the unity and virility of the denomination.
- His writings are defective in virility and breadth of thought, and his tragedies display neither the insight into character nor the constructive power of a great dramatist.
- Merivale as a historian cannot be compared with Gibbon for virility, but he takes an eminently common-sense and appreciative view.