Virgin-birth sentence example
- A Theological Question for the Times (1889); The Authority of the Holy Scripture (1891); The Bible, the Church and the Reason (1892); The Higher Criticism of the Hexateuch (1893); The Messiah of the Gospels (1894) The Messiah of the Apostles (1894); New Light on the Life of Jesus (1904); The Ethical Teaching of Jesus (1904); A Critical and Exegetical Commentary on the Book of Psalms (2 vols., 1906-1907), in which he was assisted by his daughter; and The Virgin Birth of Our Lord (1909).
- He then proceeds to show that, though His lineage is traced through Joseph's ancestors, He was but the adopted son of Joseph, and he tells the story of the Virgin-birth.
- The central fact of the Virgin-birth, as we shall presently see, has high attestation from another early writer.
- The two narratives are in agreement as to the central fact of the Virgin-birth.
- This is confirmed by Eusebius, who adds that even those who admitted the virgin birth did not accept the pre-existence of Jesus as Logos and Sophia.Advertisement
- It has further been argued that the narratives of the Virgin birth (Matthew, Luke) are an intermediate stage in Christology.
- Due to the virgin birth Jesus Christ was exempted from the curse of Adam with which we have all been imputed.
- The virgin birth was the key to orthodox Christology " (p 64 ).
- And when it comes to the Virgin Birth the Bishops ' language is equally evasive.
- Or at this time of year by denying the virgin birth?Advertisement
- First, we are of course speak ing of the virginal conception of Jesus, not, strictly, of the virgin birth.