Vires sentence example
- A few months later Thomas Cranmer, who had been one of those to discuss sympathetically Luther's works in the little circle at Cambridge, and who believed the royal supremacy would tend to the remedying of grave abuses and that the pope had acted ultra vires in issuing a dispensation for the king's marriage with Catherine, was induced by Henry to succeed Warham as archbishop of Canterbury.
- An award may, however, be set aside where the arbitrator has misconducted himself (an arbitrator may also be removed by the court on the ground of misconduct), or where it is ultra vires, or lacks any of the other requisites - above mentioned - of a valid award, or where the arbitrator has been wilfully deceived by one of the parties, or some such state of things exists.
- Loscher affirms in regard to miracles that " solus Deus potest tum supra naturae vires turn contra naturae leges agere "; and Buddaeus argues that in them a " suspensio legum naturae " is followed by a restitutio.
- 2 On the other hand, from the volost court there is no appeal, unless it has acted ultra vires or illegally.
- quid vero agendum est homini\ cui lupus abstulit vires clamandi, qui vero non habet potestatem vocife\randi, perdit auxilium longe stantis.Advertisement
- ultra vires " .
- The 1994 amendments resulting from the European directives conflicted with the primary legislation and were therefore ultra vires, null and void.
- I am therefore of opinion that the adjudicator made an intra vires error rather than one which rendered his decision ultra vires.
- However studentsÃ¢ unions are campaigning less and less on international issues, passing them off as Ultra Vires or not their role.
- The only modern editions of the complete works which it is worth while to name are those of Blaise (1821), Vires (1856-1858), Migne (1861), and the critical edition published by the Visitation of Annecy, of which the 14th volume appeared in 1905.Advertisement
- An award must be infra vires: it must dispose of all the points referred; and it must be final, except as regards certain matters of valuation, &c. (see in Re Stringer and Riley Brothers, 1901, 1 K.B.
- These arguments are based on the UK duties being " ultra vires ".
- He can suspend for a month a municipal council, mayor or deputy-mayor; certain decisions of the municipal councils require his approval; and he may annul such of their regulations as are extra vires.
- He acted ultra vires, but by his act saved Hungary from a severe economic crisis and retained for her the right to benefit by economic partnership with Austria until the expiry of the new treaties in 1917.
- Shrewdly guessing that Sweden was at exhaustion point, and that G6rtz, the Swedish plenipotentiary, was acting ultra vires, he advised Peter to put additional pressure on Sweden to force a peace.Advertisement