Vindictiveness sentence example
- The whole business seems to have been purely a piece of vindictiveness on the part of Biren.
- The mixed news produced a sense of relief that Martha was, according to Fred, temporarily safe, but she seethed at what she saw as Fitzgerald's vindictiveness at attacking them through the old man.
- Anne was a grim, sullen woman, frankly sensual, but as wellmeaning as ignorance and vindictiveness would allow her to be.
- He not merely lacked the ability to govern the empire in a time of crisis, but aggravated its dangers by his self-indulgence and vindictiveness.
- He was, however, full of vindictiveness, dissimulation and treachery, and there can be little doubt that in his historic conflict with Warren Hastings unworthy personal motives played a leading part.Advertisement
- The relentless vindictiveness with which he insisted on the prosecution of Walpole, and supported the bill of indemnity to witnesses against the fallen minister, was in itself not magnanimous; but it appears positively un worthy when it is known that a short time before Pitt had offered, on certain conditions, to use all his influence in the other direction.
- When both parties reach a point where anger, vindictiveness and blame no longer play a large role, the path to some measure of wedded bliss (or harmony, or at least contentment) lies before them.
- Many times this bitterness leads to vindictiveness with one party wanting to take another party "to the cleaners."
- Giannettino was murdered, but the conspirators were defeated, and Andrea showed great vindictiveness in punishing them.
- After the Yorkist failure at Ludlow in 1459, it was Margaret's vindictiveness that embittered the struggle by, a wholesale proscription of her opponents in the parliament at Coventry.Advertisement
- Whether the chief cause of this humiliation was Grant's vindictiveness at Sumner's opposition to his San Domingo project or a genuine fear that the impossible demand, which he insisted should be made upon England, would wreck the prospect of a speedy and honourable adjustment with that country, cannot be determined.
- After the battle of Leuctra Argos experienced a political crisis; the oligarchs attempted a revolution, but were put down by their opponents with such vindictiveness that 1200 of them are said to have been executed (370).
- The relentless vindictiveness of the two brothers caused them to constantly fight.
- They are unscrupulous in perjury, treacherous, vain and insatiable, passionate in vindictiveness, which they will satisfy at the cost of their own lives and in the most cruel manner.