Vindicates sentence example
- He first vindicates the claims of his own age to literary pre-eminence, and then seeks to stimulate the younger writers of the day to what he regarded as the manlier forms of poetry, and especially to the tragic drama, which seemed for a short time to give promise of an artistic revival.
- In especial he vindicates the propriety of resistance to kingly oppression or misrule, upholds the existence of an hereditary nobility interested in their country's good as the firmest barrier against such oppression, and maintains the authority of parliaments.
- Aristotle at once maintains the primacy of metaphysics and vindicates the independence of the special sciences.
- In this he vindicates, on grounds of right, prescriptive and natural, the revolt of the United Provinces against the sovereignty of Spain.
- It also vindicates the theoretical work undertaken in archeology and allied disciplines over the last ten to fifteen years.Advertisement
- The second half percent cut in rates this month in the USA vindicates that view.