Vincula sentence example
- In 1332 a market on Wednesdays and a fair at the Feast of St Peter ad Vincula were granted to Alice de Lisle and in 1405 this market was ratified and three additional fairs added, viz.
- Peter's ad vincula in the Tower, where it lies beside that of Sir Thomas More.
- Three days' fairs were granted to the abbots in 1129 for the feast of St Peter ad Vincula by Henry for Holy Rood day; in 1282 for Ascension day; and a market on Mondays was obtained in 1282.
- In 1282 Henry, earl of Lincoln, obtained a Saturday market and an eight days' fair at the feast of St Peter ad Vincula, and the market is still held under this grant.
- In1226-1227when it belonged to Hugh Despenser he obtained various privileges for himself and his men and tenants there, among which were quittance from suits at the county and hundred courts, of sheriffs' aids and of view of frankpledge, and also a market every Thursday and a fair on the vigil, day and morrow of St Peter ad vincula.Advertisement
- In 1257 Baldwin de Insula obtained a grant of a Thursday market, and an annual three days' fair at the feast of St Peter ad Vincula.