Village-green sentence example
- To give up dancing on the village green was still harder; and some months elapsed before he had the fortitude to part with his darling sin.
- The Stocks Tree On the east end of the village green grew the Stocks Tree an old elm of great age.
- Burnham Market has an attractive range of unusual shops gathered around its village green.
- Most of the " planned " villages were laid out with streets radiating outwards from a central Square, or village green.
- He would lead the happy dancing throng to the village green where a huge, decorated pole had been hoisted into position.Advertisement
- The smithy on the village green is still worked [1983 ].