Vilified sentence example
- Casual sex, drug-taking and violence are vilified by some commentators.
- In the deep south they were vilified as " outside agitators ", as tho they had no business to be there.
- The Islamic Council claim that the defendants were in breach of the above law in that they vilified the Islamic faith.
- They are the most wronged, persecuted and vilified people in the civilized world.
- Now, as an asylum seeker, he is a member of one of the most marginalized and vilified groups in UK society.Advertisement
- Eight months later, the gutter press got hold of the story, and vilified the man.
- Locked into their degradation by a racist police force, vilified by a racist press and violated, finally, by the true fascists.
- Both women spent time in Holloway prison awaiting trial, and were vilified by the media.
- Farmers are often misunderstood and sometimes vilified by the public.
- Gregory Maguire wondered why she had been so vilified.Advertisement
- Bullish posters are not vilified here providing they have evidence to back up their opinions.
- Many had a very limited command of Spanish - yet their own indigenous culture was being ignored, even vilified.
- They were outcasts: ' new age ' travelers vilified by the press, looked on suspiciously by some of the locals.
- Martina Navratilova ' They ripped me up ' May 29: For decades, Martina Navratilova was the most vilified woman in tennis.
- In a statement, Heather 's legal representatives said she had been vilified in the media and was now being stalked by photographers.Advertisement