Vicus sentence example
- Fulvius Flaccus gained a triumph for his victory, and it was probably then that the statue of Vertumnus which stood in the Vicus Tuscus at Rome was brought from Volsinii.
- Under the Romans Dijon (Divonense castrum) was a vicus in the civitas of Langres.
- Germersheim existed as a Roman stronghold under the name of Vicus Julius.
- Cagli occupies the site of an ancient vicus (village) on the Via Flaminia, which seems to have borne the name Cale, 24 m.
- The village of Vicus Martis Tudertium lay 9 m.Advertisement
- Up to the 3rd century Autricum (later Carnutes, whence Chartres) was the capital, but in 275 Aurelian changed Cenabum from a vicus into a civitas and named it Aurelianum or Aurelianensis urbs (whence Orleans).
- Aire (Atura, Vicus Julii) was the residence of the kings of the Visigoths, one of whom, Alaric II., there drew up his famous code.