Victoria-falls sentence example
- The trunk railway from Cape Town to the Victoria Falls traverses the eastern edge of Bechuanaland throughout its length.
- The Victoria Falls bridge over the Zambezi, designed by Sir Douglas Fox, and completed in 1905, is a combination of girder and arch having a total length of 650 ft.
- Another railway, part of the Cape to Cairo connexion, runs north-west from Bulawayo, Grossing the Zambezi just below the Victoria Falls.
- From the seaports of Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, East London, Durban, Lourenco Marques and Beira railway lines run to Kimberley, Bloemfontein, Johannesburg and Pretoria, while a trunk line extends north from Kimberley through Rhodesia (in which gold mining began on an extensive scale in 1898) and across the Zambezi below the Victoria Falls into the Congo basin, where it serves the Katanga mineral area.
- to Mafeking (870 m.), Bulawayo (1360m.), the Victoria Falls on the Zambezi (1623 m.) and the Belgian Congo frontier, whilst a branch from Bulawayo runs via Salisbury to Beira,- 2037 m.Advertisement
- Leaving Botswana we enter Zimbabwe and drive to the nearby Victoria Falls where we set up camp in the municipal town campsite.
- He had been paddling in a kayak up the mighty torrent of the Zambezi River at the foot of the Victoria Falls.