Victor emmanuel ii sentence example
victor emmanuel ii
- Returning to Messina, Garibaldi found a letter from Victor Emmanuel II.
- Hardly had he assumed office when the unexpected death of Victor Emmanuel II.
- The remains of King Humbert were laid to rest in the Pantheon at Rome beside those of his father, Victor Emmanuel II.
- Charles Albert abdicated, on the evening of his defeat at Novara (April 20, 1849), in favour of his son Victor Emmanuel II.
- The Order of the Crown of Italy was founded in 1868 by Victor Emmanuel II.Advertisement
- In front of the cathedral rises a colossal bronze equestrian statue of Victor Emmanuel II.
- The Via Roma, another important centre of traffic which gives on to the Via Carlo Felice near the Piazza Ferrari, leads to the Piazza Corvetto, in the centre of which stands the colossal equestrian statue of Victor Emmanuel II.
- The other strange feature is that from near Isola in the upper Tinee valley southwards the political frontier does not coincide with the physical frontier, or the main watershed of the Alpine chain; the reason (it is said) is that in 1860 all the higher valleys of the Maritime Alps (on both sides of the watershed) were expressly excepted from the treaty of cession, in order that Victor Emmanuel II.
- His influence decided the choice of the Roman Pantheon as the late monarchs burial-place, in spite of formidable pressure from the Piedmontese, who wished Victor Emmanuel II.
- The remains of King ~ Humbert were laid to rest in the Pantheon at Rome beside those of his father, Victor Emmanuel II.Advertisement