Vict sentence example
- Bishops may now be summoned as assessors by 39 & 40 Vict.
- (1) The taking away of all matrimonial, testamentary and ab intestate jurisdiction by 20 & 21 Vict.
- (6) Defamation was taken away in England by 18 & 19 Vict.
- (8) The jurisdiction for " brawling " in church, &c., is taken away by 23 & 24 Vict.
- Ecclesiastical jurisdiction in Ireland was as in England till the Irish Church was disestablished in 1869 by 32 & 33 Vict.Advertisement
- The re-introduction of cattle plague into England in 1877 led to the passing of the Act 41 & 42 Vict.
- After one or two other measures of minor importance came the Act 53 & 54 Vict.
- He is entitled to consecrate all the bishops within his province and was formerly entitled, upon consecrating a bishop, to select a benefice within his diocese at his option for one of his chaplains, but this practice was indirectly abolished by 3 and 4 Vict.
- Troy weight was abolished, from the 1st of January 1879, by the Weights and Measures Act 1878, with the exception only of the Troy ounce, its decimal parts and multiples, legalized in 1853, 16 Vict.
- A table which indicates the weight per gallon of spirituous liquors for every degree of Sikes's hydrometer is printed in 23 and 24 Vict.Advertisement
- Petitions against municipal elections were dealt with in 35 & 36 Vict.
- It may be observed that all of them, except the treaty of 1842, now, however, varied by one of 1889, with the United States, are subsequent to, and governed by, the provisions of 33 & 34 Vict.