Vibrio sentence example
- If the sinuosity is slight we have the Vibrio form; if pronounced, and the spiral winding well marked, the forms are known as Spirillum, Spirochaete, &c. These and similar terms have been applied partly to individual cells, but more often to filaments consisting of several cells; and much confusion has arisen form the difficulty of defining the terms themselves.
- Divisions perpendicular to the long axis: - Vibrio (Muller-Ldffler), commashaped, motile, monotrichous; Spirillum (Ehrenb.), more strongly curved in open spirals, motile, lopho trichous; Spirochaete (Ehrenb.), spirally coiled in numerous close turns, motile, but apparently owing to flexile movements, as no cilia are found.
- Research Title: How does Vibrio cholerae build a flagellum at its old cell pole?
- Polarity is clearly seen in Vibrio cholerae, a highly motile pathogen that swims by rapidly rotating a single polar flagellum.
- In 1887 he was the first after Koch to isolate the cholera vibrio, which he found in emigrants on SS Britannia.Advertisement
- Vibrio cholerae Therapy Options: The most common method of treatment is rehydration therapy.