Vesture sentence example
- The soul must be freed from its material surrounding, the "muddy vesture of decay," by an ascetic habit of life.
- At the height of his career, when between 1840 and 1850 many of Fichte's works were being translated in the Catholic Series, he called attention to Fichte's later view that all earthly things are but as a vesture or appearance under which the Divine idea of the world is the reality.
- What are the nakedness and the vesture, the shining raiment, the priestly insignia, the girdles?
- By grace of God, or sleight of hand, he wears the royal vesture, And at thy throne, Divine Success!
- These letters were issued in compliance with the second recommendation (1906) of the Royal Commission on Ecclesiastical Discipline, viz.: that " Letters of business should be issued to the Convocations with instructions: (a) to consider the preparation of a new rubric regulating the ornaments (that is to say, the vesture) of the ministers of the church, at the times of their ministrations, with a view to its enactment by parliament; and (b) to frame, with a view to their enactment of parliament, such modifications in the existing law relating to the conduct of Divine Service, and to the ornaments and fittings of churches as may tend to secure the greater elasticity which a reasonable recognition of the comprehensiveness of the Church of England and of its present needs seems to demand."Advertisement
- By grace of God, or sleight of hand, he wears the royal vesture, And at thy throne, Divine Success !
- The Brahman holds all nature to be the vesture or cloak of indwelling, divine energy, which inspires everything that produces awe or passes man's understanding "(Sir Alfred C. Lyall, Brahminism).