Vested-interests sentence example
- Wolsey had vested interests in such a policy.
- He began his reign under good auspices, with Turgot, the greatest living French statesman, in charge of the disorganized finances; but in less than two years he had yielded to the demand of the vested interests attacked by Turgot's reforms, and dismissed him.
- But as Fox on this occasion aided the vested interests of some English manufacturers he secured a certain revival of popularity.
- The incident strengthened Prince Albert's hands in trying to carry out sundry domestic reforms which were being stoutly resisted by vested interests.
- Men trained in this school were not likely to be tender towards vested interests in darkness, least of all when they stood in the way of a reconciliation with the Protestants: for the cardinals thought that the strength of the Reformation lay much less in the attractiveness of Luther's doctrines than in his vigorous denunciations of the vices of the clergy.Advertisement
- A pamphlet written in 1885 for an association called the Empire League by Mr Charles Leonard, who afterwards consistently championed the cause of civil equality and impartial justice in South Africa, maintained as follows: " (1) That the establishment of the English government here was beneficial to all classes; and (2) that the withdrawal of that government would be disastrous to every one having vested interests in the colony..
- The rhetoric coming out of the vested interests becomes more bullish in spite of statistical data showing a downturn.
- This illustrates that technocratic theories use neutrality to hide moral judgments to protect vested interests or culturally biased views.
- It is also a fantastic opportunity to get unbiased (and free) advice from someone who has no vested interests in your company.
- Not surprisingly, there 27 Jun 2006: Column 157 were some very, very vested interests.Advertisement
- There are powerful vested interests supporting the continuation of the TV License Fee (the TV Tax ).
- There are powerful vested interests supporting the continuation of the TV License Fee (the TV Tax).
- The LoveToKnow Autism community consists of experienced writers who have vested interests in pervasive developmental disorders.