Vertical circle sentence example
- Attached to the cross-arm which carries the microscopes used to observe the ends of the dipping needle is a clamp, which will hold the needle b in such a way that its plane is parallel to the vertical circle and its axis is at right angles to the line joining the two microscopes.
- A vertical circle passing through the sun may also be seen.
- Reflection from an excess of horizontal prisms gives rise to a vertical circle passing through the sun.
- vertical circle.
- To the telescope the vertical circle for reading angles in This word has been a puzzle to etymologists.Advertisement
- the vertical circle.
- The instrument is similar to that described above, except that the vertical circle is not continuous, but is formed of two arcs.
- AZIMUTH (from the Arabic), in astronomy, the angular distance from the north or south point of the horizon to the foot of the vertical circle through a heavenly body.
- In practice the vertical circle is adjusted once for all, so that when the levels k and l are in the centre of their run, the verniers read true zenith distances.
- As regards the most general motion of a spherical pendulum, it is obvious that a particle moving under gravity on a smooth sphere cannot pass through the highest or lowest point unless it describes a vertical circle.Advertisement