Versicolor sentence example
- Carbolic acid is an efficient parasiticide, and is largely used in destroying the fungus of ringworm and of the skin disease known as pityriasis versicolor.
- These crocuses of the flower garden are mostly horticultural varieties of C. vernus, C. versicolor and C. aureus (Dutch crocus), the two former yielding the white, purple and striped, and the latter the yellow varieties.
- Striped: C. versicolor, reticulatus.
- Another instance of mimicry affecting the larval form is supplied by the moth Endromis versicolor, the caterpillars of which resemble the inedible larvae of saw-flies.
- - The following particulars are from Gray: - Lizards - Pseudopus gracilis (Eur.), Argyrophis Horsfieldii, Salea Horsfieldii, Calotes Maria, C. versicolor, C. minor, C. Emma, Phrynocephalus Tickelii - all Indian forms. A tortoise (Testudo Horsfieldii) appears to be peculiar to Kabul.Advertisement
- In Hawaii and St Helena the ring-neck appears to have been the only pheasant introduced pure, but in the former the Japanese race (P. versicolor) is also naturalized.
- Instead of the white lily, which requires mud, or the common sweet flag, the blue flag (Iris versicolor) grows thinly in the pure water, rising from the stony bottom all around the shore, where it is visited by hummingbirds in June; and the color both of its bluish blades and its flowers and especially their reflections, is in singular harmony with the glaucous water.
- Although PSK is rarely available in the United States, hot-water extract products made from Coriolus versicolor mushrooms are available.
- A. versicolor (A. peruviana) and St Martin's flower (A. pulchra); this, however, requiring protection.
- Tinea Versicolor: Tinea versicolor describes patches of abnormally light skin, surrounded by skin of normal color.Advertisement
- Tinea Versicolor: A superficial fungal infection, tinea versicolor is quite common.
- Pityriasis Alba: Often mistaken for tinea versicolor, this condition is a mild form of eczema that is most commonly diagnosed in children and adolescents with allergies or asthma.