Vernier sentence example
- The latter are in fact little microscopes carrying a vernier etched on glass, in lieu of a filar micrometer.
- A micrometer drum reads to 2', while the vernier reads to single minutes so that very fine adjustments can be made.
- If we now attach to the polar axis a graduated circle D D, called the" hour circle,"of which the microscope or vernier R reads o h when the declination axis is horizontal, we can obviously read off the hour angle from the meridian of any star to which the telescope may be directed at the instant of observation.
- A slight rotatory motion of the telescope E on its axis enables the vernier of the declination circle to be read through prism 1.
- The polarizing prism is fixed at the centre of a circular disk, that has a scale on its circumference, which with a fixed vernier determines the positions of the polarizer, for which the bands disappear at the assigned point of the field.Advertisement
- The light is finally received in a Galilean telescope, containing an analyser and carried at the centre of a circular plate, that is graduated on its rim and can be turned in front of a vernier by means of a rack and pinion.
- When the plates are of equal thickness, their combined effect is nil, but by adjusting the second, a rotation in the one or the other direction may be introduced, a scale attached to one prism and a vernier to the other giving the thickness of the resultant quartz plate.
- Now, if a graduated circle B B is attached to the declination axis, together with the necessary verniers or microscopes V V for reading it (see Transit Circle), so arranged that when the telescope is turned on the declination axis till its optical axis is parallel to A A the vernier reads 0Ã‚° and when at right angles to A A 90Ã‚°, then we can employ the readings of 2 Herschel, Phil.
- Light to illuminate the vernier and circle is thrown from the lamp ?i?
- A vernier style adjustment system ensures the ladder foot is secure whatever the gradient.Advertisement
- You will also need to know how to read a vernier scale.
- After trimming the wing panels they are then checked with a vertical vernier gage to confirm accuracy before shipping to you the customer.
- The indicators are graduated from 1.0 to 2.5 EPR units with 0.1 EPR markings and a vernier dial graduated in 0.01 EPR markings.
- The observer's eye is applied to the small telescope E, which (by means of prisms numbered I, 2, 3, 4) views the vernier attached to the cross-head simultaneously with the hour circle attached to the upper end of the polar axis.
- Posted by GW on 17 January, 2006 at 11:14 AM Plastic set of vernier calipers.Advertisement