Verged sentence example
- From 1872 onwards he was a strict teetotaller, not touching alcohol even as a medicine, and there was some murmuring among his clergy that his teaching on this subject verged on heresy.
- The goal towards which these tendencies verged was monotheism; and though this goal was only once, and then quite ephemerally, reached, still the monotheistic idea was at most periods, so to speak, in the air.
- Kindly and reasonable, his good nature seems sometimes to have verged on indolence, but he at any rate took personal part, and that bravely and successfully, in war.
- Your last email was extremely terse, and I thought it verged on being rude.
- In 1978, General Hospital verged on cancellation as the lowest rated soap opera on daytime until Genie Francis was hired as a teenaged Laura Vining.Advertisement