Vereeniging sentence example
- The overlying sandstones afford good building stones, and frequently, as at Vereeniging, yield many fossil plants.
- The principal collieries are those at Boksburg and at Brakpan, also on the East Rand, with a coal area of 2400 acres; at Vereeniging and Klerksdorp, near the Vaal; at Watervaal, 12 m.
- Six weeks were spent in negotiation, and then a meeting of delegates, under the presidency of General Kemp, was held at Vereeniging.
- The scheme recommended by the Zuider Zee Vereeniging (1886) formed the subject of a report in 1894 by a state commission.
- Coal-mines are worked in various districts in the north near the Vaal, notably at Vierfontein, and at Clydesdale, which lies a few miles south of Vereeniging.Advertisement