Verbenas sentence example
- - This term is chiefly applied to those summerflowering plants, such as ivy-leaved and zonal pelargoniums, petunias, dwarf lobelias, verbenas, &c., which are employed in masses for filling the beds of a geometrical parterre.
- Lobbianum; and Verbenas, the offspring of Tweedieana, chamaedrifolia and others.
- Put plants of fuchsias, petunias, verbenas, heliotropes, salvias and other soft-wooded subjects, into a propagating house to obtain cuttings, &c., for the flower garden.
- Cuttings of bedding plants may now be made freely if wanted for next season, as young cuttings rooted in the fall make better plants for next spring's use than old plants, in the case of such soft-wooded plants as pelargoniums, fuchsias, verbenas, heliotropes, &c.; with roses and plants of a woody nature, however, the old plants usually do best.
- These cuttings may be struck on slight heat like Verbenas, potted on, made to grow rapidly, so as to be fit to plant out at the end of May when danger of frost is past.Advertisement