Venipuncture sentence example
- Most often, the blood sample is collected by venipuncture (using a needle to collect blood from a vein in the arm ).
- Most often, the blood sample is collected by venipuncture (using a needle to collect blood from a vein in the arm).
- If a blood sample has been drawn for RAST testing, a bandage may be applied to the venipuncture site to help keep it clean and to stop slight bleeding that may occur.
- These hormone levels are measured in blood serum samples obtained by venipuncture.
- A bandage may be applied to keep the site of venipuncture or intravenous administration of medications clean and to stop any bleeding that may occur.Advertisement
- Parents may be concerned about the child's response to venipuncture or reaction to intravenous administration of medications prior to testing.
- The site of heel stick, finger stick, or venipuncture must be kept clean and dry and observed for any undue bleeding or bruising.
- Fainting, nausea, or feeling lightheaded after venipuncture may occur in some children.