Venezia sentence example
- The cathedral, which is Italian Gothic, dating mainly from the 13th century, consists of a nave with eight chapels on each side, and a very high Renaissance domed choir; it contains examples of the Montagnas and of Lorenzo da Venezia.
- Salviati (1816-1890) rediscovered many of the old processes, and eight firms are engaged in the trade, the most renowed being the Venezia Murano Company and Salviati.
- See Venezia e le sue Lagune; Paoletti, Il Fiore di Venezia; Bussolin, Guida alle fabbriche vetrarie di Murano; Romanin, Storia documentata di Venezia, i.
- A Machiavellian tract on the fundamental maxims of Venetian policy (Opinione come debba governarsi la repubblica di Venezia), used by his adversaries to blacken his memory, is undoubtedly not his.
- On the other hand he was friendly to Christian scholars; he restored many_ ancient monuments; made a magnificent collection of antiquities and works of art; built the Palazzo di St Marco, now the Palazzo di Venezia; and probably first introduced printing into Rome.Advertisement
- Romanin, Storia documentata di Venezia, vol.
- You can then take a taxi (at a cost of about 30 euros) to Piazelle Roma - or you can purchase an airport bus ticket to go to Venezia (Piazzale Roma) or a Venice airport boat ticket to go directly to the city center, the Piazza San Marco.
- If you're going to Venezia (Piazzale Roma) by bus, Bus ATVO offers direct connection from the airport, while Bus ACTV (which is cheaper and slower) makes several stops along the route.
- Romanin, Storia documentata di Venezia (Venice, 1853); P. Molmenti, La Storia di Venezia nella Vita privata (Bergamo, 1906; also English translation, London); P. Daru, Storia della Republica di Venezia, tr.