Veneto sentence example
- At the head of the Adriatic, between the mountains and the sea, lies that part of the Lombard plain known as the Veneto.
- Among other learned institutions we may mention the Ateneo Veneto, the Deputazione per la Storia Patria, and the Royal Institute of Science, Letters and Art, which has its seat in the Palazzo Loredan at Santo Stefano.
- The church is ruled by the patriarch of Venice, the metropolitan of the province formed by the Veneto.
- The league broke up, and the mainland cities of the Veneto returned of their own accord to their allegiance to St Mark.
- Some of the following are still published: Annali di matematica (1867); Annuario di giurisprudenza (1883); Archivio di statistica (1876); Archivio storico lombardo (1874); Archivio veneto (1871); Archivio per lo studio delle tradizioni popolari; Archivio per la zoologia; Il Bibliofilo; Il Filangieri (1876); La Natura (1884); Nuovo giornale botanico (1869); Giornale degli eruditi (1883); Giornale di filologia romanza; Nuova rivista Internazionale (1879); La Rassegna italiana (1881); Revue internationale (1883).Advertisement
- No class has developed more usefully than the historical, among them being: Bollettino dell' instituto storico italiano (1886); Nuovo archivio veneto (1890); Rivista di storia antica e scienze affini (1895); Rivista storica italiana (1884).
- - Pietro Verri, Storia di Milano; Corio, Storia di Milano; Cantu, Illustrazione grande del Lombardo Veneto; the Milanese chroniclers in Muratori's Rer.
- The Dandolo gave to Venice four doges; of these the first and most famous was Enrico Dandolo (c. 1120-1205), elected on the 1st of January 1193 (more Veneto, 1192).
- Cecilia Gallerani used to be identified as a lady with ringlets and a lute, depicted in a portrait at Milan, now rightly assigned to Bartolommeo Veneto.
- In 1615 a dispute between the Venetian government and the Inquisition respecting the prohibition of a book led him to write on the history and procedure of the Venetian Inquisition; and in 1619 his chief literary work, the History of the Council of Trent, was printed at London under the name of Pietro Soave Polano, an anagram of Paolo Sarpi Veneto.Advertisement
- However, in general Italy's northeast is the region to find Pinot Grigio, and the bulk of it is spread out in the Tre-Venezie region that includes Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Trentino-Alto Adige, and the Veneto.